This has not been my year for blue cars.
July 2, 2008 - Speeding down 400 going faster than I should (don't tell the cops) when I lost control of my packed car and hit the median and toppled over.


February 8, 2009 - Eric and I were rear-ended at a stop light on the way home from a night out with my cousins the day of my grandpa's funeral.
April 13, 2009 - The parking garage I usually park in at GSU is rather tight, but I've always lucked out and had a easy-to-park-in spot readily available....until today. The lot doesn't loop around like a normal one, you either have to park and back out of a space, or back up about 15 spaces in order to turn around if there are no spaces available.
Today the only spot available was at the very back end corner. Since I have weak backing up skills, I thought I'd attempt to park my mid-sized SUV between a cement post and a BMW. Well, I got about a quarter of the way wedged in there and realized I could NOT go any further without doing serious damage to my car or the BMW. I had to back out. In the process of backing up, I scraped the passenger door of my car along the cement post.
Here is the end result:

It's kind of hard to see, but the scratches are a good 10 inches long and went through all the layers of paint to the mental. Awesome. I think there is a little dent too, but let's be honest, I was so mad this morning that I walked away before carefully examining it.
The good news is, the car accidents are getting less intense! Maybe I can be accident free now for a while! Also, I still have money from the first car accident "State Farm Error in Your Favor" mailing a few weeks ago AND I know the body shop who fixed the back end of the CRV after accident #2 does excellent work....so really the only thing I am upset about is the time it's going to take to go have it repaired.
Here is just another incident where God has reminded me about the value of time and money.
PS: I won't be offended if you don't want to ride in the car with me. I pretty much avoid driving at all costs. In fact, I am starting to wonder if it's more safe to take MARTA at Five Points at 9:30 pm than me drive!!!!!
PPS: It's sad that I have a well used label called "Car Accident"
April 13, 2009 - The parking garage I usually park in at GSU is rather tight, but I've always lucked out and had a easy-to-park-in spot readily available....until today. The lot doesn't loop around like a normal one, you either have to park and back out of a space, or back up about 15 spaces in order to turn around if there are no spaces available.
Today the only spot available was at the very back end corner. Since I have weak backing up skills, I thought I'd attempt to park my mid-sized SUV between a cement post and a BMW. Well, I got about a quarter of the way wedged in there and realized I could NOT go any further without doing serious damage to my car or the BMW. I had to back out. In the process of backing up, I scraped the passenger door of my car along the cement post.
Here is the end result:

It's kind of hard to see, but the scratches are a good 10 inches long and went through all the layers of paint to the mental. Awesome. I think there is a little dent too, but let's be honest, I was so mad this morning that I walked away before carefully examining it.
The good news is, the car accidents are getting less intense! Maybe I can be accident free now for a while! Also, I still have money from the first car accident "State Farm Error in Your Favor" mailing a few weeks ago AND I know the body shop who fixed the back end of the CRV after accident #2 does excellent work....so really the only thing I am upset about is the time it's going to take to go have it repaired.
Here is just another incident where God has reminded me about the value of time and money.
PS: I won't be offended if you don't want to ride in the car with me. I pretty much avoid driving at all costs. In fact, I am starting to wonder if it's more safe to take MARTA at Five Points at 9:30 pm than me drive!!!!!
PPS: It's sad that I have a well used label called "Car Accident"

2 comments:
Oh, what a bummer!! You are lucky your car hasn't been totalled! Adam was rearended on 400 in March of last year and they totaled his car! It was our "good" car - the one we were going to keep for 5 more years and it was all paid off. Yea. Sorry about the bad luck with car stuff!! It seems like when it rains, it pours!!
Oh, geez!
That's awful, E.
Maybe you should give up your car for a while like Eric did. Hehe. :)
Post a Comment