22 April 2009

For Nana

It seems as if I am constantly writing asking for prayers for my grandparents. Received some bad news via text (thanks, Dad) this afternoon. My grandmother's body is now completely rejecting her feeding tube so it was removed earlier today. She can't eat because of her gluten allergy, her difficulty swallowing, etc (hence the feeding tube), so this was her only source of life. The doctors have given her a matter of hours or days. We've been hearing this off and on for the last three years, but I really think this is it.

While I am always sad to see anyone leave this earth, she needs this. She has been in such pain the last three years, and I know she's anxious to be in heaven with Papa.

I am so thankful for the incredible hospital treatment she's been given, especially since she and Papa were at the nursing home. I am thankful for her moments of life last week, when she was able to sit up long enough for a hair cut and to get her nails painted. I am thankful my Dad could visit her a few weeks ago and that she laughed. I am thankful for her roommate who has kept her company since Papa passed away.

Well, Nana, I'm praying for you. May angels lead you home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for her, your family and you. Thanks for making me cry. ;-)

Meghan said...

I am praying too!!