27 January 2010

Date Night In

Eric and I had been doing a good job of "de-busying" our lives, but with school, mission trip meetings, and looking for second jobs, the last few weeks have been back to our busy routine.  We decided to have a date night.

As you all know, not only are we watching our wallets, but we're watching our waistlines too.  This makes going out very difficult.  We try to limit our dining out strictly to beer tasting events or happy hour.  It's just the priority list we made. 

With that said, we chose to do a date night in.  What did we do?

First, we made our already planned dinner of turkey meat loaf, fresh pineapple and left over Caesar salad.  I set the table with our wedding china and crystal and selected a bottle of wine that we brought back from our honeymoon. 

While the meat loaf was cooking we turned off all electronics, lit candles, and halted conversations about the mission trip, bills, or chores and caught up on our lives....work goals, future goals, our prayer lives, etc.

Once the meal was ready we said our prayers and lingered in conversation over our tasty meal.  Next thing we knew it was 9:00 and we still had planned to watch a movie.

Eric was generous and still agreed to watch MY movie choice of Julie & Julia. My husband could careless about cooking, and even less about blogging, so I know the extra sacrifice he made to stay up past his bedtime to finish the flick with me.

I'll let you guess as to how the night concluded.....haha!

Seriously, it was such a refreshing night - and wonderful to know that it's not the date's destination or the quality of the meal or activity, but the company you're with.  I'm so glad I married Eric, he's the best gift I've ever received!!!

2 comments:

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Oh, this is fabulous!

I might have to steal this idea, since Mike and I too often making going OUT to dinner our date night.

So cute. :)

Anonymous said...

SO cute! Jim and I love to do this! I'm so happy for you guys!