07 January 2010

Thermometer Mishap

I've probably been taking my temperature for NFP for about a year now* and in the course of that year, I've slept through my temperature alarm, I've woken up 2 minutes before it, I've forgotten my thermometer on trips, and have turned off my alarm without even taking my temperature...the usual mishaps that go with waking up at a set time at the crack of dawn.

This morning was a new one...instead of reaching for my pink basil body thermometer, I placed the arm of my glasses in my mouth. I woke up 10 minutes later wondering why it never beeped. Then I quickly realized that indeed, I did not have my thermometer in my mouth, but my glasses!!!!


Feel free to share you own funny NFP tempting stories :)


*per advice from a friend - start recording temps on the chart immediately after you get engaged...because the recommended 3 months is NOT enough practice!

2 comments:

Lisa L. said...

I don't have any NFP stories, but I did have an oops moment when Ellie was about 1 week old. Due to severe leg cramps, I didn't sleep more than 45 minutes at a time for the last 3 months of pregnancy. Add an all night delivery and a week of being up every 2 hours with a hungry newborn, you can imagine my mental state. I would usually nurse Ellie at night in the recliner, fall asleep with her on the boppy pillow and awake 1 1/2 hours later when she was hungry again. One night, she was crying and crying and I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't latch. Finally I opened my eyes and looked down - I was trying to feed her feet while her head hung helplessly on the edge of the pillow. I vowed to take more naps after that! :)

Meghan said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! Thanks you for sharing....the image of you sucking on your glasses has seriously made me laugh out loud!!!!