28 August 2009

My "Quick" Trip

Last night my friend Meghan and I ate at Chick-fil-a for dinner. Having done REALLY well on my diet this week, I treated myself to one of the new "smaller sized" milkshakes (which is still too big of a serving size!). This was the first time in months that I have consumed that much whole-fat dairy and instantly my stomach started to rumble.

After dinner we made the 30 minute trek to the Cathedral for a farewell reception for a friend. We thought this reception would be a quick open house, however it turned into a several hour, catered buffet event. I decided that I was still a little hungry after dinner, so knowing that I'd already splurged on the milkshake, that I should stick to something healthy, like the fruit salad. So I filled my plate with melon, grapes, pineapple, the works.

As we stood to close the evening in a prayer/blessing for our friend, I could literally feel my stomach drop. By the time we pulled out of the parking deck I knew I was going to be sick - either up or down ;-)

Meghan and I quickly started looking for the nearest safe place for me to use the bathroom. For those of you who have been down by the Cathedral, you know just how difficult the traffic is to manage because the 6 lanes are so narrow, lack turn lanes, and have poorly timed lights. Keep this in mind:

We found a (different) Chick-fil-a, as I jumped out of the car door, I literally watched them lock the doors, closing the restaurant for the evening.

Back in the car.

We drove a block down the street to a big gas station. I walked in to see an "Out of Order" sign on THE toilet stall.

Back in the car.

We drove three more blocks to another gas station, where I'm pretty sure if we stayed too long one of us would have been raped, but I was seriously about to lose it. I literally RAN in to the bathroom to find that the ONLY woman's stall had pee all over it. Gross. But, the good old Quick Trip came through - someone quickly cleaned it for me...and then all was well :)



Thank you Meghan for laughing with me on this wild goose chase for a bathroom in Buckhead at 10:30 at night.

Thank YOU for reading this and not judging me for posting about my fruit & dairy reaction :)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

LOL. I LOVE IT!!!!! Just another adventure!!