...There is a light in your eyes, in your eyes" ~ Mat Kearny
(look left)
Ah yes, where have I been? Not on the computer lately. In fact, I came home from our Core Team retreat this weekend to find my computer and two weeks of untouched photos sitting longingly in the corner of my room.
I spent a few minutes uploading events and a few tasteful pictures to Eric and I's website. There is a post about my friend Amanda's visit and one about my bachelorette party.
(look right)
My roommate from my senior year of college is getting married this weekend! I leave Thursday late-night to fly into Columbus for a few days. Friday will include nails, lunch, the usual... and Saturday she is marrying the greatest guy, Matt! I cannot wait to spent the weekend with my almost hubby celebrating another marriage of another great friend :)
(light in your eyes)
Like I said, this weekend was the LifeTeen Core Team retreat. While it was fun to get away with them this weekend, I felt like I never stopped doing dishes. Seriously, the weekend was about joy and authenticity and I had the hardest time living out both. I guess the devil won in me this weekend. Must. Work. On. JOY!
I am such a task master. As soon as I hear of an event, I INSTANTLY think of the to-do list. I don't relax until it's finished. Natural, this whole weekend I saw nothing but dirty dishes and the schedule. I wasn't even in charge and it still bugged me. It's no wonder I am the captain of the no fun team. I don't start projects because all I think of is the work and not the fun or joy that could be had in doing them; instead I focus only on meeting the goal and not having fun until we're there. The good news is that I am finally recognizing this about myself. The bad news is that it is REALLY bugging me about myself.... to the point where I cried about it in the parking lot after Mass for about an hour. Where is my joy? I am so sour, so jaded, so bossy, and so mean.
I need a serious chill pill.
1 comment:
awee, maybe you need a chill pill OR just a girls night out!!!!
Post a Comment