24 August 2009

Wedding Update

I know it's boring for most of you to read about the petty details of planning Eric and my wedding, but having terrible oldest child syndrome, I like to be accomplished and let people know it. So, here's what we've been up to:

Invitations - with Ashley's creative genius, a scrapbook store in Buford, and a print shop in Sandy Springs, I can honestly say we have one-of-a-kind wedding invitations - completely with type-o! haha, I still can't believe that I wrote "Sunday" instead of "Saturday". Oh well! We sent a postcard with a correction. It's been so fun getting RSVP cards with little notes and prayers on them!!!

Rehearsal Dinner - Our rehearsal dinner guest list, drafts one, two, and twelve are complete. Invitations are being printed as we speak. Eric and I finalized the menu this afternoon with a well rounded fresh food, (mostly) vegetarian, and absolutely delicious selection. I am salivating just thinking of it.

Time-lines/Music: We are mostly done with the time line for the reception. All the reception special music has been selected. One more meeting with the DJ and that is crossed off the list!

Picture perfect: All the questionnaires, time lines, and group photo requests are done. Just pending mother and MIL approval.

Bridesmaid Luncheon/Day: Reservations at my neighborhood taqueria and nail salon are complete

Showers: I like to take them. haha. We're down to our last two showers. This Saturday is one with my family and their friends. In one month we'll have our last one with Eric's family and his family's friends. If you know me at all, you know just how much I HATE opening gifts in front of people, but... I love getting them!!!!

Other people's weddings: In two weeks we have wedding number 7 since March. It's been so fun being a part of so many friends special days, and celebrating with them this year. I love having a group of newlywed friends and family.

Engaged Encounter: absolutely the best thing Eric and I have done or could possibly do for our marriage. We spent 36 hours on the most intense, yet most beneficial retreat either of us has ever been on. The retreat focused on what marriage REALLY is, how to communicate & how not to, learning about ourselves and how to express ourselves the way that God made us, learning what things we can and cannot change about our spouses, how to discuss career changes/children/in-laws, holidays/etc, and most importantly gave us a safe place to discuss with words, not assumptions, about religion/prayer/faith live/service to the church/tithing. Eric and I 'knew' so much of this already, but it was such a blessing to put into WORDS all the things we knew. Just to have them confirmed, or to have them clarified was the best gift we've ever given to each other. My two favorite activities were when we wrote and read each other a love letter and when we wrote a married couple a thank you letter for being an example to us. It was seriously the most joyful weekend for both of us.

No comments: