03 June 2009

Slumber Party

Last night, my parents agreed to watch Connor for Alex & D so that they could go out with their friends. The original plan was for all of us to go out and play trivia. Alex and the guys found a bar with half-priced pool and a beer pong tourney (of course they found one). I believe it was also 20% off with a college ID. The girls decided to still go play trivia, since we love to play (even though we are not good. at. all.).

Katie, D and I had a really fun night drinking Fat Tire and eating Thai Chicken pizza and anything else the waitress decided to drop on our table. The waitress was a high school friend and D's roommate her first semester of college. Anything that was made wrong or people sent back, she offered to us! Heck yes, FKST.

The girls came home, we all crawled in the king sized bed in the guest room and started watching The Holiday. As some point I wander back to my own bed. It was a good thing too.

Around 3am I heard the air mattress pump.

This morning I tripped over boys sleeping on the air mattress on the floor outside my room. I walked down the stairs and found more boys sleeping all over the living room.

I also found a note from Mom:
"Connor and I went to get bagels for the slumber party. We took D's car. It was the only one not blocked in."

I hadn't seen one of these notes since high school. Even though none of us drank in high school, my house was always the slumber party house. My parents even bought a dozen extra pillows and made a closet of pillows and blankets in the basement. We all grew accustomed to being the sleepover house. My parents would always wake up early to get us all bagels, too.

So this morning, despite us being 21-26 years old, my parents took the grand baby to get bagels while finished our slumber party.

No comments: