21 June 2009

Bridal Shower



The ladies at work threw me a shower! Mandi and Dee put together some awesome games, as shown above, and very delicious food! It was so great to spend the afternoon and feel so loved.

My favorite gift of all was the packet of notecards the ladies put together for their many years of married advice. Most of them commented on forgiveness, laughter, and prayer. Meghan wrote about the importance of keeping good girl friends :) Beth said that making out is better than having internet (in case you haven't figured it out, Eric will NOT get internet at his apartment). Dee J. wrote that babies are a great souvenir of marriage and are fun to make. And the best is a family wedding advice favorite..."don't fry bacon in the nude". No one knows where this bit of advice originated, and no one dares to ask!

I can't seem to get the pictures to move around tonight. Thanks, Blogger. Anyway, they are pictures of our two games:
  • Toilet Paper Brides: the ladies divided up into teams and created a wedding dress out of toilet paper. After about 15 minutes or so, I had to vote on the best dress. Each one was so unique and beautiful, but Barb's with the balloon butt and cup boobs was my favorite!
  • 20 Questions: The girls had Eric answer a series of questions about himself, and then had me guess what his answer was. For each wrong answer I had to hold an additional balloon in my lap. I could not hold the balloon by the "nipple". I, um, didn't do so well. Eric told me later that he knew I knew the answers to some of them, so he made up a more details/complicated answer because he wanted me to get them wrong. Don't worry, buddy. I still outed you: My Girl 2 Soundtrack is your most embarassing CD in your case.
Thanks again, ladies, for your company, advice, and the showering of gifts!

PS: Be sure to check one of my most faithful readers version of the party. Love you Meghan!