15 June 2009

Go Fish

After a semi-drama filled weekend (my sister's apartment was broken in to, and my old computer w/bank information stored on it, was stolen), I was not ready to face my first day back at work, nor Monday of VBS. My 6am "wake up call" was thankfully not indicative of how the rest of my day would turn out.

6:00 am - my alarm on my iPhone, docked on my iHome goes off to I can take my temperature. I usually go back to sleep until the alarm on my iHome goes off at 7:15. Some how in the middle of turning off my iPhone alarm and taking my temerature I managed to call my house. I heard the phone ring and my parents answer it, but in a matter of .05 seconds I fell into a deep sleep so much so that I freaked out when my mom shook me awake to ask me why I called her. Um, I didn't know that I had until I was violently awaken. Weird.

Went to the bank for a simple errand: pick up a temorary debit card until my replacement ones come in, but of course my bank account had some coding error and it took 30 minutes to fix the problem. Went to the post office where I stood inline for 40 minutes to mail ONE package to a customer (costing me $32.00 - dang you amazon.com international sale). Again not great start to my day.

I arrived early to my lunch, so I went to Marshall's where my day began to turn around. I found a fabulous Lily Pulizter skirt ($200) for only $39.00 (it even has POCKETS!)!!! I love her stuff but have never been able to afford it, and this teal skirt was just calling my name!!!!

I knew I was meeting my friend Lizzie for lunch, but had no idea that Austin, Mandi, Fr Juan and Fr Exume would be joining us! So fun! After lunch we stayed at Fridays and played a few rounds of Go Fish (of course the priests favorite game is GO FISH...haha). Always a hilariously good time. Fr Juan and Fr. Exume are both so witty, and today they just played off each other so well and kept us howling! (I realized all the pictures I took are on Lizzie's camera. Sad.)

After lunch Austin, Mandi and I went to Starbucks, where Austin taught us the art of French Press brewing. I think this is a must have in my future! Mandi and I caught up on work conversations and then shopped for books to read on the mission trip bus ride.

Then, Eric called to ask me out on a date :) We had frozen pizza at his place and then headed to Summit's in Woodstock for a few beers. We were hoping that our favorite bartender (who used to work at the Snellville store) was working there tonight, but instead Andy, the owner, waited on us. Andy knows us by name, too. He recommended a few good beers in addition to the specials we went there for. We ended up drinking:
  • Bell's Special Double Cream Stout
  • Peak Organic IPA w/Simcoe hops in the Randall
  • SweetWater Dank Tank
  • Full Sail Amber
  • Great Divide St. Bridget
I must note that the side of the Saint Bridget bottle said, " St. Brigid is an elegant, smooth porter that brims with the coffee and chocolate characteristics of dark barley malts. Saint Bridget was a patron Saint of Ireland, known for the epic miracle of transforming her bathwater into beer for thirsty clerics."

No comments: