06 June 2009

Back Issue

No, this is not a post about an issue with my back, but rather a "back issue" as in ordering an old issue of a magazine because you missed it.

So here are the things I promised to blog about while I was gone:

Eric's Ironman 70.3
blog entry found here

Leeann and Dan's Wedding Extravaganza
blog entry *coming soon* on www.twobuerglers.com

Camping Trip to Vogel State Park
Even though I am not leading the high school youth group any more, I do participate in an occasional trip or social activity. No reason why I shouldn't, in fact my new position and continued involvement in my own is helping build relationships between all the youth programs at the parish. Anyway, Mandi invited me to come on the Teen Leader camping trip last weekend. Here are a few photos of the group:


May-mester Class: Children and Adolescent Literature
While this class was incredibly informative, it was so much work in a three week span. Daily assignments included: 1-2 Jr high novels, 3-5 children's books, 1 textbook chapter, 2 page paper, and an art project.
A DAY.
So done.
So over it.

Save our Skin 5k on Wedding Day
I woke up super early on the L&Ds wedding day to run a 5k at Perimeter place with my friend Sarah and Eric's dad. Sarah set a PR (WAY TO GO!) and I finished. That's the goal, right? haha. I only did about 5 minutes slower than my last race, and for not having run since then, I was happy with that.

Dennis' Visit!
Dennis is that friend for me that we can pick up where we left off, like nothing has changed in the 3 months since we last visited. He graduated from minor seminary this spring and was home for a few weeks before heading out to a spiritual direction course in some rural mid-west college town. Anyway, while he was home we had our usual breakfast date that usually lasts until a pot of coffee is consumed, sometime around lunch. This visit home he was also able to come over for dinner to visit with my family as well. The offer for dinner was that my dad would could and possibly teach us how to make something cool, but instead Dennis ended up teaching us how to cook his infamous shrimp and grits (I think the only thing more southern is fried okra & fried green tomatoes). Dinner was amazing as was the exchange of stories between Dennis, Eric and my Dad. Good times.

No comments: