Last month I had quite possibly the WORST menstrual cycle I have ever had. I won't go into details, but let's just say that I could identify with all the symptoms my friend listed when she had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. I looked back over my NFP charts and concluded there was no possible way I could be/have been pregnant and therefore could not possibly be having a miscarriage.
That was a month ago.
This week, as I am only part way through my cycle, I was surprised to find dark blood when I wiped. [insert freak out] Implantation? Was it really a miscarriage two-three weeks ago? Do I have the cervical cancer they show on the Hulu.com commercials? Or was it nothing?
Concerned and confused, I called my mother. No answer. Hours later, more blood. Called mom again. No answer. Finally I talk to my friend Jenn, who has been coaching me in NFP, and she listed the pregnancy and miscarriage options too, as well as infection.
I started freaking out a little. Okay, a lot! I couldn't eat last night. I had indigestion all day.
And then finally, finally, finally....
I saw my mid-wife. And then SHE was confused! The lady who took my phone message wrote on my chart that I was 24 weeks pregnant and bleeding. Not, 24 days into my cycle and bleeding. Needless to say, she was a little shocked when she walked in that I wasn't actually pregnant!
Anyway, turns out I have a horrible yeast infection (woof!). And even though she's not positive that's all that's going on, she won't know for sure until I finish out this cycle. She knows that I'm not pregnant, did not have a miscarriage, and that my ovaries and cervix feel healthy.
In other news, she said my weight loss has been healthy and encouraged me to keep losing at a slow rate. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment