14 April 2010

Lots to pray for...

There is a pattern in my life.  I post about how things are "ho-hum" sometime in January or February and then God moves in a big way come Spring time.   This time last year I lost both my grandparents and was in my second car accident.  This year well.... here it goes:

  1. My friend's husband got transfered back to Atlanta (good news!)
  2. My husband's sister and her husband applied to transfer back to Atlanta (waiting....)
  3. My resume is on the Headmasters desk of my (for the time being) dream job (waiting...)
  4. I have a friend who just got a job in a nearby city, where I have two great friends living! (good news!)
  5. I have a friend/co-worker who lost her baby just days after she told everyone she was pregnant
  6. I have a friend who is uncertain about her baby's heart
  7. I have a friend who ended a relationship that was close to engagement
  8. My brother and his baby's mother are enduring the hardships of being young, unmarried and with a 20 month old
  9. My sister is graduating in three weeks with a degree that can only get her a job that has just been cut from EVERY school in Atlanta.
  10. Two adult friends whose husbands are out of work and are trying to put kids through college on a church employee's salary.
Needless to say, I have been surrounded by a lot of excitement and heartache these last few weeks.  I had no idea what God has been trying to teach me in all this.  Very little of it has anything directly to do with me, but I have had to be a friend who consoles - and that is a very difficult task for me.

Sunday I had a small glimpse of what God has been calling me to do.  Deacon Bill's homily presented this challenge:  We are to be Divine Mercy!  We don't have to solve the world's problems (which is what I try to do), we just have to listen, be there, and pray for them.

Here I am, Lord.


PS: If you read this, and you are uncomfortable with your intention being blasted on the Internet, please let me know :)

No comments: