07 March 2009

Spring Cleaning

With the exception of a few social obligations today, I had most of the day to myself to do some deep cleaning/re-organizing. The last 6 months of my life have been somewhat of a whirlwind. I found out I was switching jobs the second week of August, so the 6 weeks I had anticipated being catch up this summer, ended up being "oh shit, write two new curriculum in 5 weeks". The two weeks of Christmas break, I also planned to FINALLY be catch up, ended up being "i'm getting married in 10 months and i'm starting grad school....so lets plan a wedding in two weeks".

So today. Finally today. I couldn't take it any more!

Things I reorganized:
  • tax folders for 2008 and 2009
  • every drawer in my room
  • every drawer/cabinet in my bathroom
  • every drawer in my desk
  • my bookshelves (just a little tweaking/rearranging)
  • all my wedding planning stuff
  • all my school work (yay binders!)
  • coupons, gift cards, and frequent shopper cards
Things I cleaned:
  • four loads of laundry (still in the process)
  • my closet floor
  • thank you mom & dad for a cleaning lady for the rest of it!!!!!!!!!
Things I purged/recycled/giving to St. Vincent de Paul:
  • 1 trash bag full of paper
  • 2 trash bags of old clothes, shoes and purses
  • 1 box of house hold items (silly picture frames, candle holders, etc)

I'm feeling a little lighter! I know I still have lots to purge before I move into a 861 square foot apartment with another person (and 4 bikes, 2 kayaks, and 3 sets of backpacking equipment).

This summer's projects:
  • streamline my undergraduate course work binders
  • try to digitize as many paper-y things as possible
  • sort through my CDs (put music on computer and get rid of CDs)
  • categorize my books by priority to keep and sell the rest
  • finish sorting old college crap

Things I need to figure out what to do with:
  • old electronics
  • old prescription medications
  • awesomely scrapbooked photo album of my trip to England with ex-boyfriend

1 comment:

Kat said...

binders are my favorite office supply! (one among many) but they make me happy and so great for organizational purposes. i'm so proud of your cleaning abilities! a woman after my own heart! haha