05 March 2009

On-line Social Networking Overload

The last few weeks I have come out of the dark ages and joined in on a few new on-line social networking sites, in addition to my barely manageable previous list. I think it's time to slow down being a "joiner"

  • I have been a Facebooker from the early days (remember when wall posts were just a giant text box and anyone could edit or erase anyone elses comments?).
  • When I started my job at SB, most of the teens were on MySpace, since FB wasn't yet for High School students. I have one from those days, but I hardly check it anymore.
  • Early in college I wrote in OpenDiary for a good year and a half. I wish I saved it before the account became inactive, same with my first few blogger sites. Well, as you can see, I am back in action. Thank you Blogger.
  • Thanks to a few friends, I am now on Twitter - this is for sure my new favorite! As my Twitter buddy/college friend's husband said, "Twitter is like a loud room of people talking and no one listening". Wait, that's not what makes it my favorite! haha!
  • Somehow I got roped in to Linked-In as well. Fortunately, no one I know really knows how to use it (or needs to), so we're all just friends and that's it.
  • iWeb - Thank you to my beloved Mac and MobileMe for helping me create a multi-purpose wedding website and future Blog for "keeping up with the Buerglers"
  • And for my newest venture - creating a website on Google Sites for my not-so-beloved Confirmation students and parents. Hopefully it will help cut down on emails and papers for next year. I am even working on a way for them to submit forms online (yay less paper!)
It kind of all hit me that this is getting to be a lot to manage, when, last night I realized how bad my pointer finger hurts from my laptop trackpad & iPhone, and my middle finger hurts from the mouse scroll thingy. Maybe I should step away from the computers and go outside today. It's supposed to be 65 and SUNNY.

No comments: