I can make pizza from scratch, cheesecake in a spring form pan, even Marsala sauce....but I cannot - to save my life - make a good cup of coffee.
When I was little my parents would ask me to help make the morning coffee, and even with their guidance and a measuring spoon, it never tasted right. I've read instructions on the back of the can. I've asked other people for their secret ratios of coffee to water. Every time it's either pungent or bland; oily; or just plain nasty.
I refuse to make a new pot at work, even when I take the last cup early in the morning, because I've overheard co-workers talking about how bad my coffee is!
WTH!?!?! Why is this so hard for me?
Over the weekend my parents were in Savannah, so I tempted fate and made a pot of coffee. I pretty much threw in some regular and some decaf (why I though half-caf would be any easier for me to make, I am not sure) and some water and prayed over the machine. It was actually potable (baaahahaha, the pun!), not delicious however. Despite my near success, I did ask dear old dad to resume his coffee making duties upon his return home.
What am I going to do as a married woman? Eric doesn't drink coffee, and I can only live off the Starbucks thank you gift cards from the teens for so long....
HELP!

1 comment:
I think now days you can buy prepackaged things for a whole pot of coffee. Looks like a giant tea bag sorta. Just put that in the place you put the filter, add water, and turn it on. Oh, by the way, always use cold water. The colder the better.
Post a Comment