Ever since I graduated college, every year I realize I get the "February Slumps". I don't know if it's the lack of sun, the rut of the middle of the school year, the knowing that there aren't anymore big holidays until "spring break", or whatever....but every year about this time I start asking all sorts of questions.
I question my faith
I question my career
I question what I want to be when I grow up
I question if I'm doing enough
I question if I'm doing too much
I get the bug to reorganize
I find myself unmotivated (even with the bug to reorganize)
I lose interest in many of my projects
I search for something new
I wonder when spring is coming
I want to go shopping
I panic about bathing suit season
I curse another cold morning
I lose creativity
I want to "get out" and explore or travel
Okay, so you get the point. Every year I go through this. I guess it's a good thing to constantly be refining myself - each year it yields growth, but not without pain.
HA! I just realized that the scripture reflection Eric and I did last night was talking exactly about this... it talked about how there is a season to refine oneself, and that is Lent.
Wow - God has good timing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment