01 May 2009

Everything I Touch Gets Ruined ~ Charlie Brown

I have been up for almost 3 hours trying to accomplish two simple tasks. 1) Locate photos from Mission Trip 2006 and 2) print addresses on envelopes. Simple? WRONG.

The picture thumb nails are appearing in iPhoto, but the photos aren't. Logically, I thought, the picture would be in a moved file folder. Can't find it. Old camera memory card? Nope. External hard drive? Nope. Old computer hard drive? Nope. Old camera? Nope. Next step, Google "iphoto photos missing" finally some help. Oh, wait. I can't access my iPhoto photos like a file folder. People at Apple Store don't seem to think my problem is real, either. Google "how to find iPhoto photo folder". FINALLY. Some direction. Find out that photos are still on the hard drive but are labeled 2003, not 2006. WTF? Time lost: nearly 100 minutes.

Next project: start printing some of the envelopes for our save-the-dates. Already have a complete spreadsheet with names, addresses, guests, etc. Mail Merge into envelope wizard. Error Message: "The envelope size you have selected is not a standard size" Okay 2004 Microsoft Product. You suck. It's a standard photo envelope! Download envelope template (becuase I can't find a ruler to do a custom size). Merge, change fonts, blah blah. Time to print. Test print #1 Jam. Test Print #2 Jam. DANG IT! Guess I am buying clear labels? Hello tacky. UGH.

The clocks just chimed 12:15am and the dog is in bed. Guess I'll worry about this on a Tuesday in late-June, I think that's my next free five minutes.

No comments: