29 September 2009

Just Dance - Lady Gaga

Back a few years ago my friend Dennis and I were on a ski trip with the youth group, when we witnessed a youth minister from our neighboring parish get up to sing karaoke to "If You Want my Body, and You Think I'm Sexy". And there was born the list of
inappropriate songs for a youth minister to sing at karaoke:
  • Can't Touch This
  • Your Body is a Wonderland
  • Two Pina Coladas
  • I'm Too Sexy
You get the idea...

In the same spirit, as Eric and I have been working on all the details for our wedding, we have had more fun picking out inappropriate songs to be introduced to at the reception, than we have had doing just about anything else. So here goes our list of
inappropriate songs for a newly married couple to be introduced to / have first dance to:

  • Like a Virgin
  • You Shook Me All Night Long
  • Rock You Like a Hurricane
  • Gold Digger
  • Dreaming with a Broken Heart
  • Can't Hurry Love
  • Whip It
  • Just Beat It
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Gravedigger
  • I Think We're Along Now
  • I'm Gonna Find Another You

So please, leave your additions to either list - or PLEASE leave us a song suggestion for our actual introduction to the reception :)

1 comment:

Lisa L. said...

An, um, interesting choice for introduction at the reception I once saw was the BYU fight song. (obviously they both attended BYU). It was one of those things that seemed good on paper I'm sure, but honestly was a little tacky for a formal reception. A good choice might be "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" :)