09 September 2009

Emails From Crazy People

As you all know, I work for a Catholic Church. A while yes, we are supposed to be charitable, loving, patient, and kind, some people take advantage of this to an extreme. Many phone calls, emails and parents who come storming in to my office are all up in arms about something silly. However, it's *NOT* silly to them. Usually when we dig deeper, we find out that these people are hurting in some other way, but because we're the church, we get the raw end of the deal. People just think they can take it out on us because we work for the church. Hey, I have feeling, too!

So here's a sampling of a few of my Emails from Crazy People this week:

A dad's e-mail reply when I told her she was missing a permission slip: "No, its on your desk. Find it."

Email to my boss about me: "I tried calling her twice and emailed her twice this week, she never returned my calls but had the audacity to send me an email she would be out of the office" (haha, yes, that would be my out of office reply, lady)

A woman emailed me: "Last night my daughter cried at the first Confirmation class. No one likes her because she's black" (later the mom told me she's really shy AND new to the parish)

Another woman emailed me: "You never seem to be at your office, can I drop the paperwork off where you nanny?"

A parent email: "My son can't come on the retreat because he has homework"


So there we have it, just a small taste of what I have to kindly and patiently reply to day-in and day-out x184 high schoolers and x130 middle schoolers. Don't be jealous.


PS: I thought I was original in calling this daily even "emails from crazy people" turns out there is a website dedicated to these: Emails From Crazy People These make mine look like a walk in the park - these are truly CRAZY PEOPLE!!! Haha, enjoy :)

2 comments:

Lisa L. said...

Oh that is too funny!! I got many crazy emails from parents too. One asked me to please call her every night before I went to bed so we could talk about her child's progress. Another emailed me every hour asking some stupid question, then got upset when I didn't respond until school was over. "What has been keeping you so busy that you don't have time to respond to me?" Um....TEACHING YOUR CHILD. Perhaps tomorrow you would like me to ignore my students and sit at the computer checking and responding to emails. Sheesh.

Meghan said...

hahahahahahaha. love it!!