19 July 2010

The "P" Word

I know it's been a while since I've posted in this blog.  Does anyone even still read it? haha.

Well, I know this is a random, out of context entry, but Eric and I have been talking more and more about when we're going to start a family.  At first we said that we'd wait one year from our wedding, no questions asked, but the more we talk the more we're ready to get started.  We're almost in a place financially too that I won't necessarily have to work full time, so knowing that is very comforting.  A few months ago we said that after our Nicaragua trip we'd talk about starting a family.  And well, guess what folks, that trip is in less than a week.  Everything I've been thinking about this last week or so has been in consideration (hopefully) of having a child this time next year.  It's so weird.  Today I had to get 3 shots and a check up for our mission trip and I almost started tearing up out of fear & excitement when I asked the doctor, "Will these vaccines have to delay us from trying to get pregnant?"

To hear the "P" word come out of my mouth caught me by surprise.  I've said it over and over in my head, and even imagined how being pregnant might actually feel, but to even say the word out loud to a stranger was weird.

So, there you go internet.  Eric and I will start trying for a family in the next month or two.

aaaahhhh.

2 comments:

Lauren Sallarulo said...

I still read your blog!!! :) And yay!! That's so exciting about you and Eric trying to start a family!!!! :) :) Have a great time on your trip! Can't wait to see you and catch up when you get back! I'll be praying for yall! :)

hayhay321 said...

I've been absent from the blogosphere for a while, but when I'm here I read your blog! And that's so exciting! Congrats on the big decision!